Welcome to Ask Doug Hoover.com. What is his claim to fame? you ask...
- Born in 1947 in Jackson Michigan
- Spent 3-years in the Navy 3rd class Electricians Mate- Medical Discharge
- Attained Journeyman Carpenter's Union Local 1 Chicago IL
- Ass't. Service Manager Carrier Corp, Machinery & Systems Division, Chicago IL.
- Designed and built the Galleon Restaurant, Hanover Mi. (Manager/Chef 2 yrs.)
- Became a dealer for Durastill Water Distiller Company, Kansas City (currently active) Durastill.Net
- Developed Distillation Station- installed 1st bottled water vending machine Bill's IGA, Brooklyn MI 1976
- Installed Distillation Stations in 5 IGA Groceries and 2-Kroger Grocery Stores- (Distillation Station.com)
- Installed Distillation Station in 6 groceries, 5 Great Earth Vitamin Stores
- Wrote a weekly column called "Let's Talk Health" in The Rancho Bernardo "Sun" newspaper (2-years)
- Weekly talk show, "Let's Talk Health" with Dr. David Nelson (2-years)
- Designed and built the first Pony Express Pizza Restaurant in Provo. UT
- Designed and built a private house (4500 sq. ft.) Murray, UT. Featured on Utah's PM Magazine TV Show
- Designed and built the French Restaurant Bagatelle in LaJolla CA in Shingle Lane; built waterfall that
flowed inside & outside the restaurant
- Designed and built Pizza Joya Bistro in Shingle Lane in LaJolla on Girrard Ave.
- Designed and built Horton Cafe Garden Room 4th & G in Gas Lamp District, San Diego (built 16' waterfall)
- Built the first Suspension Plus Service Station on Midway Ave in San Diego
- 1982-2007 designed and built 2000+ waterfalls/ponds and hold record/tallest man-made waterfall, Mt.
Soledad, LaJolla CA 136 feet tall. (WaterFallsNaturally.com)
- Work has appeared on the cover of 9 magazines- his own home's water feature in San Diego was featured
in Better Homes & Gardens, 2002
- 2005 one of his projects won Garden of The Year Award- San Diego Home & Garden and featured in the
front cover, "Water & Fire"
- 2008 Alice & I sold our house with the backyard tropical resort, donated its contents to Disabled Vets,
bought a 40-ft. Winnebago RV, and spent the next 4 years feeding homeless in San Diego.
- 2009-2011Designed websites, Facebook pages, and SEO; produced videos for websites.
- "Platinum Writer" on EzineArticles.com with over 115 published articles in 25 niches plus earned
26 "Achievement Awards" (Ezinearticles.com/Douglas C. Hoover)
- Published two Top Seller books on Amazon/Kindle "Why Bad Things Happen To So-Called "Good People"
& "Distilled Water & Health" (DistilledWaterAndHealth.com )
- Awarded patents for the AquaFill (AquaFill.com), electronic Water Level Controller, The SurvivorStill
(SurvivorStill.com) and The Green Fire Products (GreenFireDisk.com)
- Designed and developed "The Ultimate Training Course" teaching how to digitally design water features.
- Authored book "Professional Waterfall & Pond Construction Manual" a training guide to design and build
Waterfalls & Ponds, rebar/concrete construction.
- GP, CEO of Aquamedia Group Companies, Escondido CA (AquamediaCorp.com)
- Licensed Ham Radio Operator (W6ZED) founder of Southern California "Emergency Amateur Radio Response System"
- Distributor 42 years of Durastill Water Distillers (Durastill.net)
Biography- Douglas C. Hoover